CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Just so you don't think nothing ever happens in Costa Rica

So the other night I was collecting the dog dishes (yes we have more than one dog...3 to be exact. And that is 2 more than I really want...but, as my daughter says, 'I digress') Where was I? Oh, yes, bending over to get the dog dishes.

Now I have to tell you that Napo, the biggest of the 3, father of the youngest (Puppiz) and X spouse to Negrita (we had her fixed so Napo has no interest in her now...but she still follows him where ever he goes anyway). Napo is a Wiemerane (misspelled) but acts much like a horse at times jumping up on his hind legs and bouncing around like tigger (of Winnie the pooh fame) particularly at meal time! Back to my story...

Where was I? Right, so I was bending over picking up Napo's bowl when he starts bouncing around like a horse...only trouble was that I was above him when he went up!! Yep, his head met the side of my nose and cheek! It sounded like 12 eggs crunching and hurt like...well, really bad. I let out a scream that I'm sure they heard in San Jose-at least loud enough that even my dear husband so doesn't hear much since the TV is so loud came running out to the deck! There I was crying holding my nose trying to tell him what happened. This is kind of how it went....

me: cry, cry, AAHHHHH (still holding my face for fear it was going to fall off)
Carlos: What happened? (trying to pull my hands away from my face)
Me: Napo, cry, cry, _it me. cry cry
Carlos: Napo BIT YOU?
Me: No, he cry cry _it me! cry cry
Carlos: How did he bite you?
Me: He HIT cry cry HIT me cry cry with his cry cry stupid cry cry head! cry cry
Carlos: HIT YOU? How did he hit you?
ME: He just did, cry cry, stupid dog...cry cry,
Carlos: well I hope your nose isn't broken...they can't do anything for a broken nose!
Me: cry, cry...a little harder now thinking that my nose is off to the size of my face!
Carlos: Let me see, let me see....is it crocked?
Me: cry, cry,
Carlos: How did Napo do this?
Me: cry, cry...stupid dog!
Carlos: he didn't know
Me: cry, cry, stupid dog!
Carlos: Wow you'll probably have a black eye tomorrow
Me: cry, cry, cry!!!
Carlos: I'll get you some ice!
Dona Flor(the lady that takes care of my mother-in-law): she needs a piece of meat to put on it!
Carlos: Meat? What kind of meat?
Dona Flor: beef steak
Carlos: Let me get some ice!
Me: Cry, cry...(now looking in the mirror)
Carlos: Bet you'll have a shiner tomorrow...hope it's not broken...people will think I hit you...they won't beleive the dog did it!!

So there I sat for the next couple of hours with ice on the side of my nose looking in the mirror to see if it was swelling. Carlos and Dona Flor decided that it didn't look that bad but would probably look worse in the morning.

Well, I'm here to tell you that, 3 days later, other than a tiny bit of swelling and sore enough to the touch that I have a hard time wearing my glasses or shades, it isn't too bad....and I didn't even need the steak!

So, just when you think that nothing happens in Costa Rica....now you know, life is "Pura Vida" (pure life) here...even when the stupid dog whacks me in the face...

or so they keep telling me!!

PS....just in case you are wondering...Carlos has been very good about this and very helpful...sometimes the way he says things just come out a little different! But, that's the way it is...and I keep loving him!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I feel so out of touch with everyone! I hope that you are back at 100% soon. Dang dogs.

Emily Marie said...

Yeah I repeat the dang dog statement! Dogs just THINK they are so cute! Anyway, sorry you got hurt, glad you had help and it isn't too bad!